Chili and football are practically inseparable. What I'd prefer to separate are the fat and calories from my hips! Here's a lighter version of a game time favorite, chili that will only set you back 1,350 for the entire pot. Want to kick it up a bit more? play around with the chili seasonings to make it as spicy as your tastes allow.
Tom's Fireplug Chili
- 1/2 pound of extra-lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1 Small Diced Onion
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Bell Pepper (Your favorite color!)
- 1 Small Can of Tomato Paste
- Salt, Pepper
- Salsa (optional)
- Brown beef with garlic, salt, pepper, onion and bell pepper. Add remaining ingredients. If chili starts to stick, add a bit of water.
This low calorie, low fat free diet menu recipe contains about 1,350 calories and makes several servings. Divide total servings into 1,350 calories to determine single-serving calorie content.