In a previous post about baseball players I observed that, in terms of sex appeal, they were head and shoulders above the largely obese and no-necked Neanderthals of the NFL. Quarterbacks, however, are a different breed as most have physiques more similar to baseball players. Out of the league's 30 teams, here are the ten that I think have the most sex appeal.
- Joe Flacco/Baltimore Ravens (28, 6'6", 239 lbs) - Flacco led the Ravens to victory in the last Super Bowl.
- Christian Ponder/Minnesota Vikings (25, 6'2", 229 lbs) - Could be Joe Flacco's brother (with longer hair) or actor Mark Ruffalo.
- Tom Brady/New England Patriots (36, 6'4", 225 lbs) - The David Beckham of the NFL, Brady is one of the most telegenic players in the league. Many love to hate him as he plays for a powerhouse team, is handsome and his wife is Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen. He's been on the cover of GQ and hosted Saturday Night Live. (However, he doesn't have nearly as many endorsements as Peyton Manning.)
- Colin Kaepernick/SF 49ers (26, 6'4", 230 lbs) - Kaepernick is the QB most likely to be photographed barechested, mostly to show his extensive tattoos, which brings to mind a Maori tribesman. He was the opposing QB in last year's Super Bowl against beefcake Joe Flacco.
- Russell Wilson/Seattle Seahawks (24, 5'11", 206 lbs) - The only QB on this list who isn't taller than six feet, Wilson is the third youngest QB to lead a Super Bowl team (2014).
- Tony Romo/Dallas Cowboys (33, 6'2", 219 lbs) - Romo received extensive media attention a number of years ago when he was dating Jessica Simpson.
- Cam Newton/Carolina Panthers (24, 6'5", 245 lbs)
- Ryan Fitzpatrick/Tennessee Titans (31, 6'2", 225 lbs)
- Alex Smith/KC Chiefs (29, 6'4", 217 lbs) - At the beginning of last season Smith was the starting QB of the 49ers until he was injured. He was replaced by second string QB, Colin Kaepernecke, and the rest is history.
- Mark Sanchez/NY Jets (27, 6'2", 225 lbs) - Sanchez was the Jets starting QB until he was injured in a pre-season game, so he gets an Honorary Mention. He's endeared himself to gay fans in New York with his often expressed love of Broadway shows.
Finally, an honorary mention must be given to retired quarterback Kurt Warner of the Arizona Cardinals. Now 42, he may rank as the sexiest QB of all time.