I love all sorts of ghost and paranormal programs on television. And now Syfy Channel has just announced a new slate of ghost and paranormal types of shows for the new season. Here is a sampler:
At its Upfront event, Syfy unveiled its next phase of original programming including three new ghostly reality series:
- School Spirits tells of true ghost stories set at schools around the country. Premieres June 2012.
- Paranormal Highway follows Jack Osbourne and Dana Workman as they investigate paranormal activity located on America's remote back roads. From BASE Productions.
- Ghost Mine takes viewers to the remote woods of Oregon to one of the richest gold mines in the US. The mine will be re-opened by a group of miners who must battle the ghostly spirits that also are located in the mine. From 51 Minds.
Syfy also has some spirited scripted projects in development:
- Grave Sight follows Harper Connelly, who as a young woman, was struck by lightning as a teenage and now she can sense the location and last memories of dead people. She teams up with her stepbrother, Tolliver Lang to help find a missing girl. Produced by Universal Cable Productions.
- Seeing Things is based on the comic Grey Legion centered on a cop who comes back as a ghost to close his final case. From Universal Cable Productions.
Syfy additionally has some paranormal reality projects in development:
- Stranded follows a group of family members or friends through a terrifying paranormal social experiment. Ping Pong Productions is producing.
- Buyer Beware features real estate pros who specialize in selling haunted houses. From Zodiak USA.
- Deadfinder follows a group of mediums as they investigate cold cases to discover the identity of Jane or John Does. From NorthSouth.
- Ghost Town, USA revolves around Mount Holly, NJ, a town full of paranormal activity. Cream Productions is producing.
- The Wrights highlights the relatives of the famous Wright Brothers, Joe and Chris Wright who talk to the dead instead of building airplanes. Jarrett Creative Group is behind this project.
- Read more about Ghosts with Historic Ghosts and Ghost Hunters