My five year old is just about to graduate from Pre-K, and this is the cake I'm planning to bake for the celebration in her honor. Another winner from Taste of home magazine. Light and luscious, this cake has only 161 calories per serving!
Light Lemon Cake
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, lemon pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low spread for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and vanilla for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 161 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.