Astrology Lesson 8 - THE LAST WORD
Astrology is not a mystery - it can be learned. So every Thursday I post the ABCs of Astrology, offering the basics of astrology. Last Thursday, we looked at the Aspectsthat the signs in their planets in the hosues make in a natal chart. Today in this final lesson, we see how it all adds up - how houses, signs, planets and aspects helpd you analyze a personality.
We have now reviewed all the major components of astrological analysis -
Part 1 - Introduction to the Chart Wheel
Part 2 - The Houses
Part 3 - The Planets
Part 4 - Signs
Part 5 - Planets in Signs
Part 6 - Planets in Signs in Houses
Part 7 - Angles aka Aspects
Part 8 - The Finale
Astrology has many areas of analysis. Here are just a few applications:
1. We can examine someone's personality based upon their time, place and date of birth (this is called natal astrology).
2. We can analyze the maturation or growth of an individual (called progressions).
3. We can ascertain certain outside pressures and future activities affecting an individual's chart (called transits).
4. We can analysis an event, such as an earthquake or the outbreak of the Gulf War (called mundane astrology).
5. We can ask a question at a certain point in time (called horary astrology).
6. We can analyze the financial markets (called financial astrology).
The most common use of astrology is the personality analysis. It offers insight, guidance and answers to many questions. There are even some psychologists and psychiatrists that use the natal chart wheel to get to the heart of problems that the patient may not be able to relate through therapy.
Each persons' chart is unique because no one is born at the exact same time in the exact same place. We are all different with special needs, aspirations and joys. Astrology, in tandem with environment and genetics, help us form our personalities. What we do with all the information is up to us.
Astrology has had a long and diverse history. One of the earliest records of some form of astrology has been found in ancient Egypt, but astrology is also part of the Kabbalah.
I hope this gets you started. Please email me any questions. Here is my favorite book on astrology and a "must" for anyone interested in learning more: Secrets from a Stargazer's Notebook: Making Astrology Work for You and here's a guide to the best books available this month.