Today in Port St Lucie, I had the chance to talk with the new Met Second Basemen Neil Walker who I am sure Met fans are going to gravitate to immediately. This guy is a very good player who has the knack of hitting in the clutch. I watched him play the Mets while he was a Pittsburgh Pirate and he has a great run producing bat coupled with an outstanding knowledge of the game. Defensively, he will be an upgrade for the Mets and he is already fitting in well with this team.
In our conversation, we talked about:
- How Clint Hurdle and Terry Collins are such similar managers.
- He is so glad he no longer has to face Met Pitchers
- He believes preparation is the key to success
- Knows this Met clubhouse is a special group
- Andrew McCutchen and what he learned from him
Here is that interview: