You know the days when you could stay up late watching the MTV Video Music Awards and not be in a coma the next day?
So in this haze that I am in today, on a Monday that kicks off more than a few Fall season premieres, I seem to remember that I was waiting for someone to break the news that Shakira and Pink showed up in the same dress on the red carpet outside of
So indulge me, if you will, with 2009 MTV Video Music Awards - How I see it:
- The purpose of Russell Brand as host is ?...........(crickets)
- Hey Madge, it's not about you!
- So Janet rehearsed for hours? Really? Why? Is it that hard to lip synch? Thanks for keeping the boob out of it.
- Kanye is not worth the time it took to type his name.
- Oh Beyonce, I have nothing but love for you. You are a class act. Loved what you did for Taylor. Kind of over "All the Single Ladies", though. Cue Creative Emmy winner Justin Timberlake please! Justin Timberlake & Beyonce- SNL
- Question for Russell Simmons- How do you feel now that you dropped the Lady from Def Jam?
- And don't think I (or anyone else for that matter) didn't notice P. Diddy saying to himself "Why didn't they ask me to host again?" and "What would Lady Gaga do for me if I gave her 20 shots of Ciroc?"
- Speaking of Lady Gaga, she is the eptiome of all that would make an Italian Catholic mother consider exorcism, but is one seriously creative and talented paesan.
- Good move by Hova collaborating with Alicia Keyes on "Empire State of Mind".
- Bad move by Hova thinking the grand entrance and tardiness would overshaddow the talent that is Alicia Keys.
- "So You Think You Can Interrupt" Lil Mamma?
- Kanye- You can stuff your sorrys in a sack Mister! (I don't know what that means)
Cannot wait for the Emmy's, just so you know................